Harmonite® can help your formulation bind, seal and adhere better
If you have a CASE (Coating, Adhesive, Sealant, Elastomer) formulation that relies on bitumen or modified bitumen as an ingredient, Harmonite can be a high-performance, economical additive different from any other. It’s enhanced adhesive, sealing and 'spreadability' properties make it ideal for so many CASE applications; Harmonite compounds are also easy to use in a variety of field application methods – roll, brush, spray, trowel, or peel and stick.
ASTM C990 joint sealants and C877 external sealing bands . . .
. . . benefit with improved formulas and better return on investment:
• Reduces the use of more expensive hydrocarbon ingredients by up to 30% and exceeds the content requirements for ash inert mineral filler.
• Reduces the oily, staining characteristics of some other common sealants.
• Excellent blending characteristics allow for Harmonite loading rates exceeding 50% by weight.
“Formulating with Harmonite® allowed me to win a new customer by creating a better product at a lower cost.”
ASTM C990 / C877 flexible joint sealant manufacturer
Adhesive applications — How does Harmonite help your formulation 'stick' better than traditional additives and binders?
Harmonite contains up to 2.5 times the resins and asphaltenes of other bitumens — these are the highly polar and high molecular weight fractions that exhibit polymeric behavior. The result: adhesive formulations with increased tack, stiffness and viscosity.
Sealant and coating applications
- Harmonite’s natural water proofing properties and its adhesive characteristics make it ideal for brush, roll and spray applied coatings, fillers and sealers.
- Harmonite’s performance as a binder improves durability and shortens cure time for seal coats.
- Harmonite helps provide a better moisture/air barrier for flashing tape, rubber-based sealants and other coatings.
The asphaltene structure of Harmonite strengthens softer petroleum fractions, impacting typical surface asphalts, cut-back oils and binders by bonding to them and forming larger molecules faster. The same asphaltenes also help increase viscosity of fluids, making them harder and more resistant to deforming flow.
Harmonite® meets EU REACH Article 33 communications requirements.
Find out how Harmonite can improve your formulation — contact Pearce Daley firstname.lastname@example.org; 813-977-0202